Gluten Free Beef Meatballs



I've never made meatballs before these ones (gluten free or not!), so this was an exciting new experience for me. I'm happy to say that they came out delicious so I will be sharing my recipe with you!

Ingredients

  • 1 pound beef (or pork, or ground turkey, or any other meat of choice)
  • 1 egg, or the equivalent in egg whites
  • 1.5 tbsp gluten free flour (I used this one from Target)
  • Seasonings - this is where I always go crazy with creativity!
    • thyme, sage, rosemary, salt, black pepper, nutmeg, oregano, cumin, basil, red pepper flakes, and whatever else you'd like!
    • Sorry I don't have measurements, I got my grandmother's skill of cooking without measuring
  • Cooking fat - I used coconut oil but ghee is another popular option! 
  • Prego sensitive sauce - free of gluten, onions, and garlic (Yay low FODMAP!!!)

Instructions

  1. Mix meat, eggs, flour, and all of your seasonings in a bowl with your hands (my favorite!) until you are able to roll it into balls (1-1.5" diameter preferred). Don't start making the meatballs yet!
  2. Heat your cooking fat in a large pan over medium to medium-high heat. Once heated, begin rolling your meatballs and adding them to the pan as you go.
  3. Leave meatballs in cooking fat for about 3 minutes, or until the bottoms look nice and brown. 
  4. Once you flip all of your meatballs, immediately cover and continue cooking.
  5. After 2-3 minutes, add desired amount of sauce and cover again until your meatballs are cooked all the way through.
  6. Serve with gluten free pasta, or eat them on their own - I won't judge!! 
Recipe inspired by Paleo Running Momma - check her out! 
Cover photo by Skip To My Lou because I was so excited to eat my meatballs that I forgot to take my own picture! 

Comments