Low FODMAP Creamy Mac & Cheese




Low FODMAP Creamy Mac & Cheese

I think this might be one of my greatest achievements of all time... no joke. This mac and cheese was absolutely delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did 😀

Ingredients

  • Gluten free pasta of your choice (I used a brown rice-based pasta from Wegmans)
  • 1 cup lactose-free milk (I used Lactaid)
  • 1/4 water
  • 1/2 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
  • 1 tablespoon cream cheese
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Instructions

  1. In a medium pot on medium heat, add lactose-free milk, water, and butter.
  2. As soon as mixture begins to boil, reduce to low and add gluten free pasta. 
  3. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is cooked, stirring frequently. (If milk evaporates, add more in 1/4 cup increments until pasta is done cooking.)
  4. Once pasta is to your liking, add cheddar cheese and cream cheese, as well as some salt and pepper to taste. Stir, then cover and leave on low for 2-3 minutes. 
  5. Give your pot one more stir and then sprinkle some pepper on top. Voila! 

Comments